VMware Communities
BigWaveDave
Contributor
Contributor

vmware player on exit

As I exit VMware workstation 15 Player I get this error.  It doesn't seem to effect anything.  Everything starts up fine the next time.

I'm just sick of this error.

Any ideas?

David

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Please do not create duplicate threads on the same issue.

As this thread actually contains the screenshot, the second thread you created has been deleted.

Thread also moved to the Workstation Player area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

And what errors/clues did you find in the vmware.log file?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
BigWaveDave
Contributor
Contributor

That was my bad.  I put it in the wrong forum and I couldn't figure out how to delete the wrong one.

David

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

And what errors/clues did you find in the vmware.log file? (as it mentions in the screenshot)

0 Kudos
BigWaveDave
Contributor
Contributor

I have searched the log file and didn't  find anything that made sense to me.  But I'm not surprised, because I don't know much.  I'm attaching my log file in case anyone is brave enough to help me.

David

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

What happens if you try to run VMware Player elevated (eg. start with: run as administrator)?

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos