VMware Communities
hal9000a
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vm player 3.1 "dell windows 7 cd" the install finish in wrong language

like the subject said i'm creatinga new vm from my dell windows 7 cd

the install start in english but after windows finish copying the file, windows is installed in turkey language

does anyone as ever experiented that behavior

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ianicbrisson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you have a scroll down list on the page? If so, did you scroll down to see if you it was a list offering language selections?

Ianic Brisson

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Welcome at the VMware community forums.

If you ask me the problem is with the CD/DVD itself and not VMware. I fail to see how the fact that you are installing into a VM makes the setup switch to turkish. There is one thing that might be possible and that is that the CD checks that you are installing on Dell hardware, by default a virtual machine is NOT dell hardware, even if your host is a Dell...

What you are trying to do, installing a VM from an OEM bundled CD, is pretty much by default prohibited as the software is tied to the PC you bought it with. Not saying it will not work under any circumstance, but I bet you have much more luck with a full CD/DVD instead of a Dell version.

Hope this helps,

--
Wil

Contributing author at blog www.planetvm.net

Twitter: @wilva

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
BruceMcMillan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Does the same thing happen when you use the Dell Windows 7 CD to install on the Dell hardware it came with?

I agree with Wil, this should not be a function of the VM, unless that language was specifically selected during the installation process.

0 Kudos
hal9000a
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

my goal was to test some software before to put them on my laptop, just to be sure that it will not broke anything

i never tryed to install my laptop from the dell cd, thats exactly what i dont want to happen

the dell cd dont ask anything during install, i will wait that dell answer me and will give you feedback on that

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/p/19335916/19710075.aspx#19710075

thanks for you support

0 Kudos
BruceMcMillan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

How about this? Download a trial version of Windows 7 from Microsoft at:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495.aspx

See if you have the same problem. This would help to narrow down the problem and still give you a test environment of Windows 7 for 90 days.

ianicbrisson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have just come across the same problem. Have-you come up with a solution?

I have installed Windows 7 64bit from the Dell CD (the only one I have) on a vm running on my Dell laptop. My hard drive died on me two days ago and I decided to reinstall on an old hard drive I had lying around. I installed Linux because I'm more experienced with it and I knew it would be up and running faster.

Now I want to run Windows 7 on my laptop through a VM. I guess I'll have to order more then just a replacement hard drive.

0 Kudos
ianicbrisson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The problem does seem to be with VmWare's easy install feature. I created a new blank VM rather the use the Easy feature and the booted it from the Dell Windows 7 CD. Upon starting, the first question I was asked was to select my language. I guess the Easy Installer uses a default or the first language in the list.

My installation is almost finished and it didn't change language on the first boot as my previous install did.

0 Kudos
hal9000a
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i still have the problem even with a manual install

created a blank VM for windows 7 x64

started it with the cd when the first windows screen apear i was unable to understand any language in the screen

thats weird :smileydevil:

0 Kudos
ianicbrisson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you have a scroll down list on the page? If so, did you scroll down to see if you it was a list offering language selections?

Ianic Brisson

0 Kudos
hal9000a
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

sorry next time i will go to sleep instead of trying to install a VM

its easyer to find things when my eyes are open :smileylaugh:

0 Kudos