VMware Communities
neo2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

upgrading vmplayer

I have WS 6.0. With this I got VMplayer 2.0. I want to upgrade vmplayer as 2.0.3, on same WS6.0

How to do it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you are particularly brave you could try unpacking the installer and copying the relevant files over those already installed - it might work, just depends on what has changed between 2.0.0 and 2.0.3.

Forget it - this only comes up with usable results if you installed WS 6.0.0 manually - if you used the setup.exe for the original install this procedure will mess up your installation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PJN
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi, I don't think you can using the normal installation process because you can't install two VMware products at the same time on a machine.

If you are particularly brave you could try unpacking the installer and copying the relevant files over those already installed - it might work, just depends on what has changed between 2.0.0 and 2.0.3.

continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Forget it - this only comes up with usable results if you installed WS 6.0.0 manually - if you used the setup.exe for the original install this procedure will mess up your installation

0 Kudos
PJN
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yeah - I've had some successes with other software doing this sort of thing before but messing everything up is always a distinct possibility.

0 Kudos