VMware Communities
drint
Contributor
Contributor

unable to open vmware,it opens and closes in next second

unable to open vmware,it opens and closes in next second so I  uninstalled and reinstalled same error persist

i opened task mananger to see if the vmware is initiated or not,but when i press the vmware it opens for  1 nano second(you heard correct-its 1 ns) and closes

i tried with administrative permission

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Workstation Player version?

Host OS version?

Applied any updates to Workstation Player or to your host OS?

Made any configuration changes to your host OS?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
drint
Contributor
Contributor

workstation playter 16

windows 10

i updated vmware just before it was working good

after that i was unbale to open so i reinstalled which i cannot launch the app ,it opens and closes immediately

0 Kudos
drint
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
drint
Contributor
Contributor

i know problem is with windows installer,i installed vc installer too but still i could not sove the issue

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Workstation-Pro/Installer-Crash/td-p/524119 

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Have you verified the checksums of the downloaded installer to make sure the file isn't corrupted?

0 Kudos
drint
Contributor
Contributor

checks sum are correct,whenever i click on vmware it is not opening ,i  have no idea why it is behaving like this ,no error pop up nothing

0 Kudos