VMware Communities
magogo200
Contributor
Contributor

player 3.1 full screen hell!

Hello,

I'm running a Windows XP SP3 VM on top of an Ubuntu 10.04 host. I'm using gnome and compiz. It seems that when I switch vmplayer to full screen, after a short while of switch between the linux virtual desktops, vmplayer fails to grab the mouse and keyboard properly. The mouse is moving over the VM (which is in full screen) but it's actions are not relayed to the VM (same goes for the keyboard).

Moreover, when I move the mouse to the top of the screen, the vmware bar appears but I can't use it because vmplaye thinks the vm already grabbed the mouse and keyboard and so the mouse pointer jumps to the right side of the bar instead of interacting with the bar. If I use CtrlaltEnter to switch back from full screen mode, the vm seems to jump out of full screen and then immedietly back into full screen mode. I can then interact with the vmware bar for a while but a few seconds later the previous situation relapses.

Sometimes when I switch between desktops and switch to the vmplayer desktop, the gnome panels will show OVER the vmware windows hiding parts of it, but as the focus is on the VM, I can't interact with the gnome bar and it wont hide. The only solution is to switch out of full screen mode and back in, which fails to work mos of the time because, as I already said, vmplayer jumps back into full screen mode. The only way to fix the auto-full screen probem is to switch into unity mode. This allows me to see and resize the vmplayer window and then I can switch out of unity mode and continue working normally.

This happens on 2 different Ubuntu 10.04 machines, one running with one monitor where vmplayer occupies one full virtual desktop, and the other with 2 monitors where vmplayer is occupying the secondary monitor in one of the desktops.

Is this a bug? is there anything I can put into the vmx file to fix this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies