VMware Communities
toxictwins
Contributor
Contributor

multiple networks

How do i get my player to function both at work and at home?

At work i use the built in GB nic - adress space 172.20.

At home i use the wireless Nic - address space 192.168

I open the same virtual machines at work and at home.

At home i can open my virtual machine - they start up quick and I can surfe the www

At work i can open my virtual machine - they start up very slowly - takes 10 minues - i CAN't surfe the www

What the `)/)? am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KevinMC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can set up multiple network connections in the VM. One that connects to the wireless card as it does now and one to connect to the wired adapter for work. That may not prevent it from starting up slowly, but it should allow you to work on either network.

Kevin

0 Kudos
toxictwins
Contributor
Contributor

How? Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
KevinMC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How is the NIC set up in the VM settings? Is it set to NAT or bridged? If it is set to NAT, try setting it to bridging. Make sure your work is okay with multiple machines using the same network port though. I know my office will shut off my port if I use bridged networking.

Kevin

0 Kudos
toxictwins
Contributor
Contributor

briding is okay with my office.

Can it be right that I have to change what nic to use in vmnet0 when in the office? And when I come I have to change vmnet0 to use the wireless nic?

I'm confused!

0 Kudos
KevinMC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just setting it to bridging should enable auto-bridging and it should pick up whichever device is active. Let me know if that does not work and I have some ideas on how to make things simple so you will not have to change the bridge NIC each time.

Kevin

0 Kudos