VMware Communities
piwi65
Contributor
Contributor

installing vmware player slows down Windows Host boot to about 5 min...

Hi @all!

ive set up my HP 6910p Laptop completeley new with win vista business and all of the nessesary HP drivers and applications.

my computer works well since ive installed the newest vm player 3.0.1.

after that the windows boot takes abaut 6-8 minutes till i can login.

after uninstall vmware the computer boots as fast as he should again.

i can reproduce it at any time.

the vista event log has only one entry that depends on the startup with the vmware player: "Der Dienst 'VMware Authorization Service' wurde nicht richtig gestartet"

by the way: before ive set up my computer new the vm player worked fine (2.5 and 3.0.0)...

Has anyone an idea what i can do?? Please help me :_|

regards from germany

Peter

0 Kudos
6 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

you may try to disable the phone-home stuff of VMplayer - like check for updates and so on.

It also does not like misconfigured proxies.

VMX-parameters- Workstation FAQ -[ MOA-liveCD|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos
piwi65
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your reply!

ive unchecked all of these funktions and no proxy is running. ive had a similar problem with the version 2.5 at my home desktop.

ive got a bluescreen after installing the vmware player. workaround: connect a simple serial mouse to the mouseport (in addition to my logitech 2,4MHz MX revolution)... after that ive had to reinstall the player and everything worked well...

now im convinced that there are some hardwaredriver that causes trouble. ive no ideo how to indentify that bad one...

0 Kudos
piwi65
Contributor
Contributor

Update: When i deactivate the "VMWare Authorization Service" my Host ist starting as fast as it should... but i cannot restart the service automatically... ?:|

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Windows 7 host ?

then set the authd service to "delayed start"

VMX-parameters- Workstation FAQ -[ MOA-liveCD|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VM-Sickbay

piwi65
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer!

yes, its a useful workaround (Win Vista BE32) :smileygrin: i'll monitore the next startups and when it works fine i'll set this thead to "solved"

0 Kudos
ChrisKas10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just a "me too" post.

I'm having the exact same issue with an older HP 6515b laptop. I'll try messing with that service and see if that helps. I did notice that I was getting an error about it starting. Wonder if we're missing a dependency on the service?

0 Kudos