VMware Communities
przytula_guy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

connect to guest appliction server from internet

I have a host windows 10 running vmware workstation player 15.5.6 and an ubuntu guest

I wanted to install apache openmeeting to be able to host some presentation

when lookig at many entries on inernet I always see :

1. Click Edit > Virtual Network Editor.
  2. Select VMnet8 and click NAT settings.
  3. Enter the Gateway IP and click Add.

these options are not present on my player : I can edit vm settings and select network adapter nat

on the right panel I only see nat : nat used to share the host's ip

there is a button advanced - but does not apply to this..

is there an equivalent method to accomplish the same

I want to run a server in my guest and I want external users on the internet have the possibility to connect to this server

Thanks for all update/help

best regards, Guy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Player does not include the VNE, this thread should help you: Does Workstation Player 14 support port forwarding, and if so how do you set it up?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the Workstation Player area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Player does not include the VNE, this thread should help you: Does Workstation Player 14 support port forwarding, and if so how do you set it up?

0 Kudos
przytula_guy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thks for update

I extracted vmnetcfg from pro version and tried to use

all ok - I will try to configure now

best regards, Guy

0 Kudos