VMware Communities
27mel27
Contributor
Contributor

cannot connect virtual device parallel0. No corresponding device is available on the host

I have created a windows 2000 server Virtual machine using Vmware player for one of my classes. After creating the VM i got the following error ... "cannot connect virtual device parallel0. No corresponding device is available on the host." so then it told me that it will start disconnected so i said ok.

When i try running something from the CD-ROM it gives me the following error.... "File "theCD.iso" does not exist and therefore cannot be connected as a CD-ROM image"

Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KYordy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How did you create this VM? Do you have Workstation? If so, open the configuration for thsi VM in Workstation and change the CDROM settings and Parallel port settings to Autodetect. If you don't have Workstation, edit the .VMX file for your VM and add or edit these lines:

parallel0.present = "TRUE"

parallel0.fileName = "Auto Detect"

ide1:0.autodetect = "TRUE"

This all assumes, of course, that you have a CDROM and a parallel port. If so, all should be OK.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
27mel27
Contributor
Contributor

My college sent me a pre-packaged virtual machine on a CD to load into my VMware player. The install went fine until I finished and restarted the Virtual machine and then i got the error message. I'll try looking for and editing the .vmx files.

0 Kudos