VMware Communities
RaffoWD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

[Workstation Player] Not connected to internet - "connected" unchecked

Hi to everybody.

I have some vms, but they are not connected to network, when i checked the status for device the adapter was unchecked for

connected & connect at power on is checked, how could i enable ( make a check mark) on "connected"?

If I have to use a script, please explain me how to do.

PS: the problem is from an update-installation of Windows 10, and i tried NAT, bridged and all the other types of connections.

Thanks

Host: Windows 10 x64
Guests: Linux VMs

Connection: WiFi
PC: Notebook Sony Vaio

error.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are you able to ping an IP address (e.g. 8.8.8.8) from the VM?

The error messages are about name resolution, i.e. not necessarily about the network connection itself. Please check whether the VM's network configuration contains a valid DNS server address.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Can you confirm that the VM - form which you posted the screenshot - is powered on? With "Connect at power on" being set, the "Connected" checkbox should automatically become enabled after powering on the VM.

André

0 Kudos
RaffoWD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,
Sorry to answer only now, i was far from my home pc.

I thought it was the problem; powering on the VMs, the button "connected" is checked, but I can't use internet connection on VMs anyway.

both ubuntu and scientific linux (fedora) can't connect... I don't know why

error_2.png

error_3.png

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are you able to ping an IP address (e.g. 8.8.8.8) from the VM?

The error messages are about name resolution, i.e. not necessarily about the network connection itself. Please check whether the VM's network configuration contains a valid DNS server address.

André

0 Kudos
RaffoWD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

error_4.pngHi André, thanks to you I found the problem.

In Ubuntu, i just uninstall and reinstall chrome and all worked (the terminal with ping said to me that i had connection)

In Fedora it was just a bad configuration in the settings.
The ping helped me

Thanks a lot again

Raffaele

0 Kudos