VMware Communities
RainerHH2
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation Player 16 Display Resolution

After Update Windows, the Display Resolution ist too small.

Only this

resolutions are available in Windows: 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x868.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

Host or Guest Update or Feature Upgrade? From which Feature version to which Feature version ... on Update on which Feature version of Windows 10 ... if this was Windows 10, you didn't say.

Either way, Windows probably broke something, perhaps it broke VMware Tools on the VM. If not, then VMware install on the Host. Just do a reinstall and see what happens.

In principle, this looks like VMware Tools getting broken because of Windows 10 Feature Upgrade on the Guest ... nothing new for that to break software, any software for that matter.

0 Kudos
RainerHH2
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 10 Update in the VM.

Its an new Player installation.

But i remember:
some days ago, i set up an new VM with Windows 10, with the same problem.

0 Kudos
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

If Tools is not installed, you may have this same thing. In your existing VM, as mentioned ... update or upgrade on the VM broke Tools, probably ...

Some Win 10 Upgrade in the past broke the mouse movement on the VM. Reinstall Tools was the cure - I had to do that for many VMs. These may however be system specific and not happening to all users of Win 10. These problems are also always Feature Version or Upgrade specific.

0 Kudos
RainerHH2
Contributor
Contributor

I have now reinstalled the player an din the VM installed Tools 11.2.6.

No changes.

How can I reinstall Tools ?

0 Kudos
RainerHH2
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know what went wrong before!

I now does:

Player/Manage/Tools
Setup64
Restart

Now it works!

THX

0 Kudos
RaSystemlord
Expert
Expert

I'm glad it works. The most obvious choice turned out to be the reason. Perhaps reboot was required this time.

0 Kudos