VMware Communities
rfix
Contributor
Contributor

Windows XP in Full Screen - 800x600 w/ 120 dpi

I hope to find a solution before 09/01/09... school starts.

I support a Virtual Machine that requires specific settings for the user. His needs require the VM be configured with 800x600 with dpi 120 due to a specific application he uses for classroom lecture. When selecting to display the VM in full screen the VM does not expand (stretch) to fill the screen space. (Leaving the black boarder around the desktop. The resolution of the host system is 1024x768 with dpi 96.

Last winter I successfully set the system up so it would do exactly what I described above it is not doing now. Unfortunately I left myself bad notes and I just discovered someone to deleted his user profile, thus losing the preference.ini file I specially coded for him. I have ready through many other discussion forums and have been unable to find any clues to what I found previously as the solution.

Our campus network does not allow for users to operate as administrator on the host machines, thus he would be unable to change the host system settings as a work around until a solution is in place. Classes start next Wednesday and I am desprate to get this system back to where it was before then.

Windows XP VM on a Windows XP Host, VM: 800x600 dpi120 Host: 1024x768 dpi96, need to expand to full screen stretching so the black boarder does not appear, System will operate in VMWare Player for the user, VMWare Workstation is available for troubleshooting...

Please Help!

0 Kudos
0 Replies