VMware Communities
qwertzguy
Contributor
Contributor

Where is "Manage virtual networks" in vmware Player 3.0?

Hello,

I had vmware Player 2.5 installed before and had a virtual machine using two virtual networks with some special NAT and DHCP configuration that was set using the "Manage virtual networks" tool.

Now that I have installed vmware Player 3.0, the "Manage virtual networks" tool has been deleted !

Hence my virtual machine now doesn't work at all on the network, and I can't configure anything of the network except choosing between Host-only, NAT or bridge in the Settings of the vm. But I cannot even configure simple things like the vm ip for NAT.

This is an enormous problem for us. We have over 2000 students and we won't be able to upgrade them to vmware Player 3.0 if we can't configure the virtual network anymore.

Note: The vm has been created using vmware Workstation.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Gaspard van Koningsveld

0 Kudos
1 Reply
qwertzguy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I found the solution !!!

Run VMware-player-3.0.0-203739.exe -e c:\vmwareplayer\

Then within this directory, you will find the network.cab , uncompress it with winRAR in your vmware player installation directory (default: C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Player).

Then double click vmnetcfg.exe.

I found the solution thanks to gollas from this post: http://communities.vmware.com/message/1430556#1430556

0 Kudos