VMware Communities
Faize
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Web Browser Virtual Appliance?

Does anyone know of any good web browser virtual appliance? All I can find is https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/products/browser-appliance, but it's very old and doesn't seem to be actively maintained...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Faize, the hyperlink provided by Abhilash its URL is to a Malicious Web Site.  If you already went there and your AntiVirus software is not up to date you may end up getting more then you bargained for! Smiley Wink

(Click image to enlarge.)

Malicious_Web_Site_Blocked.png

WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

@abhilashhb that VirusTotal scan you posted was 7 weeks old and I just rescanned it and one flags it as a Suspicious site!

Suspicious_site.png

It of course could be a false positive on both however AFAIC there is nothing I need from a site blocked by Symantec's Norton DNS and also flagged as a Suspicious site by another vendor!

I see you removed your replies while I was having the site rescanned and that was the prudent thing to do!

0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Well its not about mine or your antivirus. Its about giving bad links on community. So removed it and left your comment that says not to access the site. Thanks for noticing it anyway Smiley Happy As always Smiley Wink

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
Faize
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

...I guess it's a good thing I was away this weekend :smileylaugh:

0 Kudos
ChristopheDepre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Browser Appliance in that link is not very old: the latest build currently has Firefox ESR 24.0 (September 2013), which you can always update to the latest version from within the browser itself (Help / About Firefox).
The Norton message is indeed a false positive: if you read the "Norton Safe Web Report" carefully, you will see that the threat is for a different subdomain (and the Webutation suspicion is based on that same Norton Safe Web's warning!). All other scans are clean.

0 Kudos
Faize
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On the webpage itself it says "Virus-safe Internet browsing with Mozilla Firefox ESR 10", so either the appliance has been updated without a corresponding update to the description, or I'm misunderstanding somehow.

0 Kudos