VMware Communities
bambangs
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware player GUI is not visible on windows desktop

Hi all,

I have a windows 7 desktop. On it, I have ubuntu running on VMWare player. I've been using it for sometime without any error. A few days back I login to my desktop using a remote desktop connection and worked on my Ubuntu virtual machine. Now, I cannot see my virtual machine on my desktop. I know it is still running since I can see the icon in the taskbar. However when I click the icon, nothing can be seen on my desktop. As if it was sent to some other desktop port or something.

I tried to close it and restart my windows 7 and start the vmware player again. It started and shown as an icon in the windows taskbar, however the VMware GUI is nowhere to be seen. Can someone help me solve this problem? I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bambangs
Contributor
Contributor

When I'm connected to my machine using remote desktop connection, I can see the VMWare Player GUI again.

Thus, I didn't minimize the GUI and try to login locally. And there it is, it is working fine again.

I'll check again today whether my problem was a one-off or not and update the status here Smiley Happy

0 Kudos