VMware Communities
KKonaKomrade
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vmware Workstation Player 16 ended prematurely

Okay so i originally downloaded VMware Workstation player 16, but i was trying to downgrade from VMware Workstation Player 16, to 15.5, so i deleted Vmware Workstation Player 16 from my PC, however after realizing that i couldn't downgrade, i decided to stick with Workstation 16 instead.

So i re-downloaded Vmware Workstation player 16, but instead of it installing in its usual fashion, i was prompted with the screen VMware Player Setup Wizard ended prematurely.  When i selected change instillation i selected both boxes(Enhanced Keyboard Driver) and (Add Vmware Workstation console tools into system PATH.) After this, i restarted my PC, but instead of anything installing or seeing the Setup Wizard tab pop up again, nothing happened, so i re-downloaded Player 16 again, but this time i checked only one box, (Add Vmware Player Workstation console tools into system PATH), nothing happens, and nothing installs.

So i'm wondering if it still thinks Vmware Workstation Player 16 is still on my PC? I deleted everything before each re-download and, the original Vmware Workstation player 16 i had prior to any of this, so i honestly don't know what's up? I saw a similar thread to this, but that was on Vmware Workstation Player 15.5, so i don't know if that applies to 16 as well.

Any help so that i can install Vmware Workstation Player 16 on my desktop successfully without the wizard ending prematurely would be appreciated.  

I thought i had it for a minute, but nope, it still doesn't install.

2020-11-12 (1).png2020-11-12 (2).png2020-11-12 (3).png2020-11-12 (4).png2020-11-12 (5).png2020-11-12 (6).png2020-11-12 (7).png2020-11-12 (8).png2020-11-12 (9).png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KKonaKomrade
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Holy **bleep**! I fixed, basically i had to delete every file, including the setup wizard files and then download Vmware Workstation Player 16, and instead of it ending the wizard, it completed the setup!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KKonaKomrade
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Holy **bleep**! I fixed, basically i had to delete every file, including the setup wizard files and then download Vmware Workstation Player 16, and instead of it ending the wizard, it completed the setup!

0 Kudos