VMware Communities
123blackjack
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vmware Player showing as a 32 bit process?

I am using windows 7 64 bit as the host os. I download vmware player version 3.1 which is of 104mb and shows as for 32 bit and 64 bit windows!

I installed vmware but the vmwareplayer process shows as .exe*32 in the task manager so its running as a 32 bit process or in wow 64..

SO Vmware player is not natively 64 bit????? how can the vmware 32bit .exe run 64 bit guest os???

plzzzzzzz help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vmplayer.exe - the GUI - is a 32bit app - the executable that actually runs the VM is vmware-vmx.exe and that is 64bit

VMX-parameters- WS FAQ -[ MOAcd|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VMDK-Handbook

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
avoelp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

To the best of my knowledge, VMware Player is a 32-bit process; however, it can nevertheless run 64-bit guest OS'.

0 Kudos
123blackjack
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

but i wonder how it is possible efficiently.. a 32 bit vmware player process emulating a 64bit guest in a 64 bit host.......

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vmplayer.exe - the GUI - is a 32bit app - the executable that actually runs the VM is vmware-vmx.exe and that is 64bit

VMX-parameters- WS FAQ -[ MOAcd|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VMDK-Handbook

0 Kudos
123blackjack
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thankkkksss vmx.exe is 64 bit ...... that solves the question.... thank you sooo much continuum........

0 Kudos