VMware Communities
Barling
Contributor
Contributor

VmWare Player Mac OS X...how to run?

So I recently loaded up my Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.1 on my Windows 7 machine.

Gave it about 2GB ram, 1CPU, 20GB of storage, and yeah.

So I installed it after waiting about an hour, and now........I don't know how to actually load the os!

Everytime I restart the vm, it just loads the installation ISO.

So.....I took out the iso url from the CD/DVD settings....and now.......it just runs this DHCP server thing everytime I start it up....

It should be running my virtual disk in which I installed the mac os onto. It's there for sure:

Documents/Virtual Machines/MACLEO/MACLEO(vmware virtual disk file)

The virtual disk file is indeed there, and it's 6.5GB.

So what's the scoop? Why can't I run the OS I just waited an hour to install?

I even tried setting the boot order in the virtual BIOS and I put the hard disk as the top precedence.

It just keeps doing this:

"CLIENT MAC ADDR: XX XX XX XX XX XX GUID: X(*&(5H#(*#98&93%&(#... (long number)

PXE-E53: No boot filename received

PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

Operating System not found

_"

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

At the present time Apple's SLA for Mac OS X only allows versions Mac OS X 10.5 Server, Mac OS X 10.6 Server and Mac OS X 10.7 Client/Server to be legally installed on and or virtualized on Apple Branded Hardware and the only VMware product that is supported for this is VMware Fusion when being run on a Genuine Intel Based Mac!

Helping you with this or discussing installing/using OS X with VMware Player on Windows 7 on non-Apple Branded Hardware would be against the VMware Communities Terms of Use.

0 Kudos
Barling
Contributor
Contributor

So I need to get vmware fusion for this to work?

Also when I use vmware fusion, do I just load the vmware disk file that I made in vmware player and it should work?

EDIT:

Hold on somethings strange.

VMWare Fusion appears to only be for Mac, not Windows.

So......what do I do to run Mac OSX Leopard on my Windows machine?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

So......what do I do to run Mac OSX Leopard on my Windows machine?

You cannot legally run Mac OS X on non-Apple Branded Hardware!  This discussion is finish.

0 Kudos