VMware Communities
jasonrecson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VmPlayer update

I've recently heard that VmWare has released the 7.1.1 (7.1.1-2771112) version of VmPlayer, but every time I check for updates the VmPlayer sais that there are no new updates, so I can't update. What is wrong?

In my computer, I have the free unlicensed VmPlayer 7.1.0-2496824 installed, whitch it was downloaded from the official website.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes, typically it takes about a week or two after a product release before the Tools installers seem to get updated on the web.  Search the forum for posts about that for some workarounds.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MathiasR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If the integrated update in VMware Player does not work, you can download 7.1.1 from https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_player/7_0.

0 Kudos
jasonrecson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OK. I'll try with that link

0 Kudos
jasonrecson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi again!

I've done a clean install of Vmplayer with the link that you gave me.

When I try to install VMwareTools an error mesage apears. I've attached two pictures: The first one is when I try to install all VMware tools, and the second one is when I try to install VMware tools with one Virtual Machine Open.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes, typically it takes about a week or two after a product release before the Tools installers seem to get updated on the web.  Search the forum for posts about that for some workarounds.

0 Kudos
jasonrecson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Until the problem is solved, I have switched to Vmplayer 7.1.0-2496824

0 Kudos