VMware Communities
powells240
Contributor
Contributor

Vm Workstation Installation Error 1311

Hi there,

I have been trying to get Vm Workstation to install but have been having some problems.

1st off i had installed Vm player on my PC (Windows 7 x86) V.3.0.1.11056

So i had deleted the VMware program file in c:/ProgramFiles/Vmware but that gave me this error when i tried to install

Vm Workstation

============

Error 1331. Source File not found: C;\Windows\Users\playerUI.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can acess it

==========

Retry/Cancel

==========

I went to an article on the support pages that took me through a complicated process

of weeding out all of the files that Vm Player installed and then restared with the same error.

I also tried to run the Installer as an administrator and with the command prompt with the \c command with no luck either

Note: Vm Player dosent show up in Uninstall\Change programs in the Control Panes so i think i had got most of it.

Any Advice/Help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you've deleted it and it's not showing in add/remove maybe try search your registry via regedit and delete any file relatign to it. Obviously only do this if you know what you're doing. i wouldn;t recommend registry cleaneres as these are normally ineffective and most are riddle with spyware/malware

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Gregg Robertson, VCP3,4 , MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
powells240
Contributor
Contributor

I went through the Registry from the Regedit command and deleted all of the registry values

that relate to Vmware and no luck i get to a new error:

====================

Error 1316 A network error occoured while attempting to read from the file

C:\windows\Installer\vmware player.msi

=================

I investigated the directory and couldn't find thefile mentioned or the Installer folder.

Could this be a Windows Installer error or is it something i did wrong?

Thanks

******************************************EDIT!

Fixed used the Windows installer Cleanup and that removed the info that Vmplayer was ever installed

Tool can be found here:

PS pardon my spelling its 2 in the morning

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Nice one =0) Glad it's fixed.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Gregg Robertson, VCP3,4 , MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos