VMware Communities
parakoopa
Contributor
Contributor

Virtualized amd-v/rvi is not supported on this platform

I just purchased Cisco's Modeling Labs, which shows support for AMD processors. I am trying to use the VMware Workstation Player to start the OVA they give you. However I receive this error "Virtualized amd-v/rvi is not supported on this platform". I have ensured SVM is enabled in the bios, and I have uninstalled Hyper-V/Docker/Containers from control panel. Is there anything else I can try?

Ryzen 3600

X570 Gigabyte Aorus motherboard

0 Kudos
6 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Please attach a vmware.log file to your reply.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
hotvooboy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thank you for posting your query in community.

Please use this command in windows command-line with Administrator privilege and reboot system:

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

If you want to use hyper-v again, you can enable it as below:
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto

GRose
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Hotvooboy,

I am seeing the same issues as described in this forum. I will try the approach you described.

I also wanted to understand the issue a little better. I recently built a new computer, switching form an Intel I7 to an AMD 5900X. The system has 64 GB or RAM, which is under 50% utilized. The VN is allocated 10 GB of RAM. Like the original poster, I am using the Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master.

I installed VMware 16 Workstation, updated it, and attempted to launch a VM that had run under VMware 16 on the old PC. I got the series of errors shown in the attached image. 

Is the issue simply that the MS Hyper-V is enabled on the new system (none of the associated services is running), or, are there other issues that need to be addressed in the BIOS (I could not find anything identified as AMD-V in the BIOS). Thanks for any clarification you can share.

Regards,

Gordon

0 Kudos
jjolly
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to respond that this command worked for me after a reboot:

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

Thank you for this response.

0 Kudos
hubi97
Contributor
Contributor

Turning off memory integrity worked for me. Thanks

0 Kudos