VMware Communities
GodivaRides
Contributor
Contributor

VMware player unstable - blue screen

Earlier, I lost ability to open or click on any docs in OE6 in VMplayer.  I could open other rduced docs but not anything in OE6.

I forced the system to close and rebooted, then the BLUE SCREEN popped up - windows shut down to prevent damage ....

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BEginning dump of physical memory" .... nothing else happens

I have repaired VMware player, then uninstalled and didNOT  a fresh install to no avail.

What is going on .. I have Windows 7 (which I hate) 6 gb RAM, i5 processor, 750 g harddrive

Andre helped before, but II can't understand why this slows down, then freezes.

thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GodivaRides
Contributor
Contributor

RESOLVED ... invited an IT friend for dinner, who brought his company's IT consultant hired to oversee the implementation of new company VoiP system.

Asked if either had any experience with VM's and the visiting IT uses them day in and day out (along with others in his company).

I explained what I had done:  I missed a couple steps - the reboot had to come from the VM, not the primary system and the system messages showed the kernal wasn't loading.

Since the BLUE SCREEN was resident on the screen he had no way to reboot it, so he had to turn it off and "catch the system" as it was setting up to power on and press F8 to restart it, this took a few times, but finally rebooted ... alongwith all my files.

0 Kudos