VMware Communities
vamshy
Contributor
Contributor

VMware player not starting

I installed VMware player 2.0 on a windows vista.

After trying to open a pre configured vmware appliance (ubuntu linux) i get an error " Authorization service is not running"

I tried to start the service from services window and I get an error

" could not start service on local system: code 6000004"

I uninstalled and re-installed vmplayer twice making sure to remove the keys from regedit also,, but with no luck.

Any help on this to start VMplayer(authorization service) would be great.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal

Did you install the product using the Admin account or with UAC turn off?

0 Kudos
vamshy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I had a working VMware player before. I installed to try a liveCD after reading the following link.

http://www.vmwarez.com/2006/02/livecd-player-virtual-machine.html

One day I tried to use another livecd and VMware stopped working giving me the error "Authorization service is not running"

This is the first time I heard of UAC. I did google it and could find that UAC is still on my computer. I have only one user on this laptop.

Please advice me if I have to turn it off and then install VMware player.

Thanks once again. Have a good day..

0 Kudos
bozzak
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. VMware player installation tried in both ways, local admin and AD admin. After user has logged in and used VM few times, error occures and VM has to be started as admin.

0 Kudos
Grycko
Contributor
Contributor

I also having the same problem. Could anyone help me?

0 Kudos
vamshy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I use windows vista.

First few times I had no issues. Later when I re-installed and try to start the program I had the issues. Based on KevinG's suggestion I turned off UAC in windows vista and I was successful.

Hope this would resolve the issue for you too..

Regards.

0 Kudos
bozzak
Contributor
Contributor

I am using Windows XP with AD environment. No UAC, no help from it. Any solutions?

0 Kudos
y17chen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi:

I am actually having a different problem. I have downloaded the fedora5 from the virtual appliances from vmplayer site. But when i tried to start vmplayer, using that disk image i have downloaded, i get a black blank screen, with nothing in it? And there is no error message in the logs as well. Does anyone know what the problem is? Do i have to turn off UAC in this case as well?

please help!!!

-yue

0 Kudos