VMware Communities
sosodany
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware player doesnt work at all

my OS is windows 7 and i recently downloaded and installed VMware player. I dont really know what i am doing wrong , if you can list some reasons or redirect me to a thread where it has a similar problem i will really appriciate it.

Problem: VMware player never starts.

Need: I am studying for MCITP exams ( i am a fresh IT graduate) and i just figured out that everything i learned in university is useless... i need to study on windows server 2008 r2 and i am completely lost on how to obtain it freely from the net without downloading any malicious softwares or viruses with it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

kill fixcamera.exe process if it exists

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

are you able to start VMware Player by right clicking and "Run as Administrator"? Maybe there's some sort of Firewall/Antivirus application which interferes with VMware Player. Do you see any thing in the log files and/or Windows Event logs?

Regarding Windows licensing. I'd recommend you take a look at Microsoft's Technet or MSDN. Those two options provide you with test licenses for all kind of MS software.

André

sosodany
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

When i run it as administrator and then click yes on the UAC window which pops up nothing happens , i switched off the windows firewall and also nothing happens.I have Avast 6 pro antivirus , even when i switch off all the shields it has the result is the same.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Nothing in the event logs?

What I would try is to - at least temporarily - disable UAC and in case this this does not solve the issue, uninstall VMware Player, reboot and then install VMware Player again using "Run as Adminsitrator" (with Avast disabled).

André

Btw. Which version of VMware Player do you use?

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

kill fixcamera.exe process if it exists

0 Kudos
zinced
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have also tried running the player in windows7 and I am getting this error in the command prompt window.

C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware VIX>vmrun -h mujeebs -T player -u super -p xxxxx start "E:\BrowApp\Browser-Appliance\Browser-Appliance.vmx"
Unable to connect to host.
Error: Service type VIX_SERVICEPROVIDER_VMWARE_PLAYER was specified, but not installed

I have installed the vmplayer 4 times and still not able to run it successfully.

Help needed to run the vmplayer in windows7 64 bit machine.

Thanks

Z

0 Kudos
Shootist
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

To you and the original poster.

This has to be a machine specific problem. There are many running player on Win 7 PCs without problems.

Could be AV/AM software installed on your systems blocking it from installing or running properly.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

FYI
the problem was fixcamera.exe and this one is not related in any way to the osts hardware.

fixcamera.exe is uglyware that runs on many computers

0 Kudos
zinced
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I don't see fixcamera.exe on my system running

0 Kudos