VMware Communities
Turrican3
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware does not release mouse

Hey there,

I'm having an issue similar to this one:

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Workstation-Pro/mouse-get-quot-locked-quot-inside-VM-quick-...

and many other similar threads... unfortunately, none of the offered solutions (upgrade VMware Tools, disabling mouse trails) seems to solve my issue.

I understand I can use the ctrl+alt hotkey, but I'd definitely prefer if I could switch between the VM and the host OS seamlessly.

Any suggestions?

Currently using VMware® Workstation 16 Player - version 16.2.1 build-18811642 - virtualized OS is Windows7 Enterprise, hosted on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Turrican3
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok finally found what the issue was.

Magnifier was running on the Guest OS (Win7) and even though zoom level was set to 100% (i.e. wasn't zooming at all, but I didn't notice) it was affecting this specific behaviour.

As soon as I quit the program mouse acted as expected, seamlessly moving between the VM window and the host OS.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Turrican3
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok finally found what the issue was.

Magnifier was running on the Guest OS (Win7) and even though zoom level was set to 100% (i.e. wasn't zooming at all, but I didn't notice) it was affecting this specific behaviour.

As soon as I quit the program mouse acted as expected, seamlessly moving between the VM window and the host OS.

0 Kudos