VMware Communities
nachtkrabb
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation 16.2.3 Player: Disk Controller?

Hallo everybody,

on trying to move my VM to another machine, I don't get my VM to run. The guest system, Windows 7, stops starting up with 0x0000007B (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) in the Blue Screen. I am told this usually means that I changed the Disk Controller.

So my next question is: Where can I find out which Disk Controller I used in my "old" VMMare instance, please? -- I didn't install and initialize it myself, so I have no idea.

Another possible source of error might be the "Chipsatz" (chip set?). Where can I find out the old settings in VMWare, please?

Thank you.

N.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

That's very odd.  If you moved the entire VM folder to another computer, it should just start up (after asking whether you moved or copied it).  Unless it wasn't powered off completely - then you could have an unknown suspend state.  But either way, it should not change the disk controller, nor have any issues with starting up.  Attach the vmware.log file from the new machine where it gives the BSOD, and if you have it, one from the old machine where it was working.

0 Kudos