VMware Communities
jasonpeterson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Workstation 15 Player Incompatible with Device/Credential Guard Issues

When I attempted to open my virtual machine in VMware Workstation 15 Player , I received this error message:

VMware Player and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Player can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard. Please visit http://www.vmware.com/go/turnoff_CG_DG for more details.

I followed the link and followed the instructions to disable Device/Credential Guard, but it did not fix the issue. I proceeded to Google different ways to fix the issue, and they were all the same. I tried the same process about 8 times.

I called the VMware customer service number only to find out that they do not offer support for free software. That is when the associate pointed me toward the community.

For your reference:

1. I attempted to disable Hyper-V and disable credential guard. I restarted my computer, and it did not work.

2. I attempted to enable Hyper-V and disable credential guard, and that did not work.

3. I attempted to disable Hyper-V and enable credential guard (I was just shooting into the dark at this point). Didn't work.

I appreciate any input you have.

Cheers,

Jason, CCNA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Other threads on the same:

Device Guard/Credential Guurd disabled byt Workstation won't run

Getting either Device/Credential Guard or Hyper-V incompatibility message under Windows 10

Windows 10 Update 1903 Device Guard Issue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Other threads on the same:

Device Guard/Credential Guurd disabled byt Workstation won't run

Getting either Device/Credential Guard or Hyper-V incompatibility message under Windows 10

Windows 10 Update 1903 Device Guard Issue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
jasonpeterson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

See this: VMware Workstation Now Supports Host Hyper-V Mode!

0 Kudos