VMware Communities
jltorg1
Contributor
Contributor

VMware WS 15 upgrade to 17 - won't run Mac OS Catalina container now

I had WS 15 running fine with Mac OS 10.15.5, then updated to WS 17, and now it won't start the Mac OS..  Is there a fix to this or is there a way I can reinstall version 15?  (The Mac VM was shut down before I updated WS15)

thanks for any advice!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

There's nothing to fix on Workstation. VMware doesn't support running macOS under Workstation and has specifically not included a feature to do so.

What you're asking for is a work-around. That's not going to get a lot of traction in this forum. What you're asking for is help to violate end user licensing agreements of both VMware and Apple. This is, after all, a VMware hosted forum and we kind of have to play by their rules which frown upon the breaking of vendor licensing agreements.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
jltorg1
Contributor
Contributor

How kind of you to be such an a**hole about it!  I ran MacOS with v15 just fine. If v17 doesn't handle it anymore, you could have politely said so. Get over yourself; you should be ashamed to represent VMware with such a haughty and self-righteous manner - you must feel really good for signaling such virtue. I bow to your ancient wisdom and pity your apparent frontal lobe senescence. Anyway, got it running with Virtual Box. Your name really isn't Karen is it?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Moderator Note:

@jltorg1 
I understand that you may not be happy with the reply.
However, I remind you of the VMware Community Terms of Use!

0 Kudos