VMware Communities
orby
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Player terribly slow, frequent lags

Hello Community,

i moved from Virtual Box to VMware mainly fro proper/working USB support and for the copy/paste feature between VMs and host.

I run a Windows 7 64Bit host, 6GB Ram, Core2 Duo. When i start up my VM (currently Windows XP, a Lubuntu VM will follow) i experience lags of the VM every 20 seconds or so. That means i can still move the mouse, can still control the VMware software (e.g. minimize/maximize the VM) but i can't do anything within the VM while such a lag occurs. This frozen state lasts about 2 or three seconds.

I googled a lot and found a few threads with few tips, e.g. change allocated RAM of VM (I tried 4, 2 and 1GB) but haven't found a solution.

I'd be glad if someone could help me trying to fix this. Don't want to go back to Vbox because of the incredible copy/paste feature of VMware.

If further information is needed, please ask

Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Try leaving the virtual CD-ROM drive disconnected when you aren't needing it to install software.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Try leaving the virtual CD-ROM drive disconnected when you aren't needing it to install software.

0 Kudos
bazz2004
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I spotted this about Virtual Drives and wondered if it might be why I'm having such trouble after returning to W7 after closing VMPlayer.  Daemon Lite is installed for both W7 and also in XP within VMPlayer.  I closed both applications of Daemon Lite and everything runs splendidly.  That two and a half minute lage before W7 picks up has magically gone.

0 Kudos
orby
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

wow, didn't expect a solution that fast!

Thank you very much RDPetruska, VMware Player works fine now :smileylaugh:

0 Kudos