VMware Communities
tbalz
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Player guest goes blank for 30 seconds and returns to login screen

Hi Guys,

I'm having some issues with my guest in VMware player and I'm wondering if you can provide any insight on what I can do or where I can look to resolve the problem. The guest OS is Windows Server 2003 and the host is RHEL5. When users are inside the guest and doing random things such as clicking on the start menu and executing a web site the the screen inside the guest goes blank for about 30 seconds, logs me out and returns me to the Windows login screen. Any idea what can be causing this? Would it be something inside the guest or would it be an issue with VMware player. Would there be any logs on VMware player running on Linux which would tell me what may be going on? I'm runnning the 64-bit of VMware player 3.1.5.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

If this issue is not accompanied with a reboot of the guest, I would start digging in the guest's Windows event logs.

André

PS: Maybe an activation/licensing issue!?

tbalz
Contributor
Contributor

The copy of Windows running is Server 2003 and it is already activiated. I will look at the event logs to see if something made them randomly restart. Do you think it could have something to do with VMware player by any chance?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Do you think it could have something to do with VMware player by any chance?

Basically I wouldn't rule out anything at this time, but from what you said I think this is rather related to the guest than to VMware Player.

André