VMware Communities
ZBerryBlue
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Player - Windows Guest Machine completely overloaded with over 2gb of memory

Hello Community,

I'm sorry for my english, but I need your help.

My host System is Linux Mint 19.1 and I use VMware Player in the current version. I want to install Windows 7. I use the default Settings (2gb memory, 2 Cores). The machine is very fast and all is normal. But if I give the virtual machine more than 2gb memory, the machine is completely overloadet. The system starts in more than 5 minutes. And when I catch the mouse in the machine the machine freezes more or less. The mouse can no longer be controlled or decoupled out of the machine. The system clock works normaly and the Host system is normal with the programs they run in the background. Just the Windows 7 virtual machine is "broken". When I make a hard shutdown and change the settings on only 2gb memory the system is normal and fast. No matter if I change the settings between 3gb or 14gb of memory - the system is not useable. I tried it with Windows 10, but it gave me the same result. Once again: with exactly 2gb of memory it have the perfect performance.

I hope you can read what I mean and have a solution for me. If I forgot something, just let me know. Thank you very much in advance. You are my last hope Smiley Sad

Important data:

• MSI 970 Gaming Mainboard
  • AMD FX-6300 6-core
  • 16gb DDR3 1600mhz (2x8gb)
  • GTX 960 4gb
  • For the virtual machine I use a 120gb SSD SanDisk
0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos