VMware Communities
Ketchup79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Player 12.5.7 and 14 Not Allowing Resize After Windows 10 VM Updated to Fall Creators Update (1709)

I have two Windows 10 Virtual Machines running on a Windows 7 host. This started with Player version 12.5.7. First VM was a fresh install of Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update). Once VM tools were installed, all functionality, including resizing of the VM's window, worked with no issue. The second VM was a current version of Windows update with version 1709 upgraded. After the upgrade, VMware tools was re-installed, but would no longer allow screen size adjustments. It would only allow the Windows Default resolutions. Upgraded to Wmware Workstation Player 14, no change. Uninstalled and reinstalled VMware Tools multiple times, no change. The VM does show VMware SVGA 3D in device manager.

Do you have any idea why this VM won't allow screen size changes after the Windows 10 update?

Host machine in a Lenovo with Intel Core i7 3720QM, Intel HD Graphics 4000, and NVIDIA Quadro K1000M

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ketchup79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just received a Vmware application update right before Christmas. Resizing issue has now been resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Ketchup79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sounds like the same question. The resolution did not work for me. The command marks the tools as being uninstalled, but does not go through the uninstall procedure. I can re-install tools, and uninstall and re-install tools, but the outcome is the same. Thank you for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Ketchup79
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just received a Vmware application update right before Christmas. Resizing issue has now been resolved.

0 Kudos