VMware Communities
ChrisJakarta
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Full version?

Can anyone tell me the difference (apart from size) between the 'full' version of v6.0.2 available from the softwareupdate site, and the much smaller version offered on the normal download site?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The VMware-player-full-6.0.2-1744117.exe.tar at softwareupdate does indeed contain VMware Tools where the normal download VMware-player-6.0.2-1744117.exe does not.  BTW I'm 100% sure! Smiley Wink

The other releases at softwareupdate in the past typically have not had VMware tools included in the core installer and I'm not sure why VMware has choose to use the full installer at this location and not make it available from normal downloads.  Considering the number of Users that have issue with downloading VMware Tools via the VMware Player UI you'd think VMware would offer both as they do with VMware Fusion.

Message was edited by: WoodyZ - Originally posted, Apr 21, 2014 8:54 AM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm not sure, but I guess that the larger package contains the VMware Tools packages for the guest operating systems!?

André

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The VMware-player-full-6.0.2-1744117.exe.tar at softwareupdate does indeed contain VMware Tools where the normal download VMware-player-6.0.2-1744117.exe does not.  BTW I'm 100% sure! Smiley Wink

The other releases at softwareupdate in the past typically have not had VMware tools included in the core installer and I'm not sure why VMware has choose to use the full installer at this location and not make it available from normal downloads.  Considering the number of Users that have issue with downloading VMware Tools via the VMware Player UI you'd think VMware would offer both as they do with VMware Fusion.

Message was edited by: WoodyZ - Originally posted, Apr 21, 2014 8:54 AM.

0 Kudos
ChrisJakarta
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

WoodyZ,

You are indeed correct. And for the first time, installing VMware Tools for a Windows guest was easy!

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos