VMware Communities
mnemonicator
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare player is not approved for commercial use free of charge or?

Hi all, i'm just found that VMWare player is free of charge for private and non commerical use, below is text from EULA. At the same time, when you installing VMWare Player it didn't ask user to accept thi or any other licenses. We need use it for old software on Vista PC, but looks that it's forbiden. Can anybody comment this?

thank you.

9.1 Player

(a) Additional License Terms:

VMware grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable license, without rights to sublicense, to :smileyinfo: use the Software solely for your own internal information processing services and computing needs in connection with permitted uses of the Software on a single computer; (ii) use the documentation accompanying the Software. Subject to the above, each copy of the Software may not be used by any other person, whether or not such person is employed by or otherwise associated with your entity. You may not share or use concurrently the Software.

VMware Player is intended for your own personal non-commercial use only. Player is only distributable with written agreement from VMware. Requests for a distribution agreement should be sent to player_distribution@vmware.com. Redistribution includes posting, packaging, bundling, or otherwise making available for use either within your organization or externally to 3rd party users.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BruceMcMillan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you are looking to use this in a commerical setting I believe the following should answer your question:

(from the Player FAQ page)

What does it cost?

VMware Player is free for personal non-commercial use. VMware Player is only distributable with written permission from VMware. Please apply here to request a distribution agreement.

Here is the application link from the above statement:

http://www.vmware.com/products/player/player-reseller-registration.html

0 Kudos
dragongc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

My understanding:

1. I am administrator, I will install on all my users work PC - Forbidden

2. I am user, I will install my self on mine work PC - Allowed

What do you think ?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Entegy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That would be wrong because that is still commercial use. Player is for home ("non-commerical") and private use only.

0 Kudos