VMware Communities
AndyDTI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Start Position

Good morning.

How do I get the VMware Player to start in the upper left corner of my desktop? When I start the player, the VMware loading screen is in the center of my desktop. When the player has loaded, the upper left corner of the screen is where the upper left corner of the VMware loading screen was.

I am not using the player in full screen mode nor do I want to, as I have occasion to move the window from time to time and move it back. I want the screen to open in the upper left corner of my desktop. I have found that if I move the VMware loading screen to the upper left corner of my desktop, the player opens correctly at that point. It all seems to depend on the where on the desktop the VMware loading screen is positioned as to where the screen will open. Is there any way to get the player to open in teh upper left corner of my desktop without havig to move the player loading screen?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Look at your preferences.ini and adjust to your needs

description of vmx-parameters:

VMware-liveCD:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Look at your preferences.ini and adjust to your needs

description of vmx-parameters:

VMware-liveCD:

0 Kudos
AndyDTI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you.

But, I have a really stupid question. I have tried for quite some time (without success) to find the preferences.ini on my Vista 64. I know it should be in the Documents and Settings folder, but there does not seem to be a Documents and Settings folder any longer in Vista.

Where can I find the preferences.ini file in Vista 64?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Have you tried searching (Start-->Search) for preferences.ini?