VMware Communities
VMDiscovery
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Player installation instruction options for Oracle Linux R6 64 bit

I am totally new to this technology and I have decided to ask for help. Firstly I would like some good advice as to where I can find a good users guide for using my VMWare Player version 5.0.2. Then I want to try and create a new virtual machine manually with an ISO of Oracle Linux R6 64 bit version. I have started to install and managed to get to the place where the Basic Server is default. But there are a number of other options: Web Server, Identity Management Server, Virtualization Host, Desktop, Software Development Workstation, Minimal. Can somebody explain what are all these options? Then there are additional repositories....etc. Please can someone point me to a document that explains all these options so that I can decide which ones I need? I want to teach myself the Linux operating system and also eventually install Oracle 11g Database & OBIEE to play with and teach myself.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

For VMware Player have a look at: VMware Player Documentation

For the rest...  this is really not a VMware issue and information about specific Linux Distros and or Packages in different Distros is better ascertained from the manufacture of those particular Linux Distros and or Forums more centric to the particular subject matter, not this Forum in particular.  Also Google is a great resource! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos