VMware Communities
santosbj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Player Input Inegration Doesn't Work Properly In Debian Buster

HI,

I have VMWare Player 15.5.2 on Debian Buster and Windows 10 as virtual machine.

This configuration was working great until a few days ago when i upgrade the system kernel to:

Linux deku 5.4.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.4.8-1~bpo10+1 (2020-01-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

After this upgrade i remove vmware and install it again, then i power on my virtual windows 10 system and reinstall vmware tools, the integration looks grate, but when i restart the virtual machine a login again, the mouse and key board lost functionality, and they not recognize the host hardware and take a default inside the VM, the mouse doesn't release automatically i need to press ctrl+alt to release it.

I remove vmware tools from guest and remove vmware and install both again and the problem persist.

Why this happen?

thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I don't think this has anything to do with your host OS update... Your guest has Mouse Trails enabled, and that is known to interfere with the ability of Workstation Player to determine whether or not the mouse has left the screen.

To fix the issue, you will need to deactivate Mouse Trails.  To do this, go into the guest OS's Settings app, choose Devices (Bluetooth, printers, mouse) then choose Mouse & Trackpad from the list on the left, then Additional mouse options, choose the Pointer Options tab, and turn off the option here:

Win10-pointer-trails.png

The Enable Pointer Shadow option on the Pointers tab has the same effect in interfering with the way we detect mouse movement, so make sure that that option is unselected as well.

Hope this helps!

--

Darius

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I don't think this has anything to do with your host OS update... Your guest has Mouse Trails enabled, and that is known to interfere with the ability of Workstation Player to determine whether or not the mouse has left the screen.

To fix the issue, you will need to deactivate Mouse Trails.  To do this, go into the guest OS's Settings app, choose Devices (Bluetooth, printers, mouse) then choose Mouse & Trackpad from the list on the left, then Additional mouse options, choose the Pointer Options tab, and turn off the option here:

Win10-pointer-trails.png

The Enable Pointer Shadow option on the Pointers tab has the same effect in interfering with the way we detect mouse movement, so make sure that that option is unselected as well.

Hope this helps!

--

Darius

santosbj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks,

It's works !

0 Kudos