VMware Communities
sjunejo
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Player - Full Screen Resolution

Hi Guys,

I am using VMWare Player to run my Ubuntu VM on Windows 7. But the problem is that I cna only see small screen of my Ubuntu. How can I make it big or full scree. When I am clicking the full screen button on VMWare Player it only expands the VMware Player console not my Ubuntu windows its still the same.

Last night I was trying to install something on it I can't even see the Buttons of the installer completely....

Your help will be appreciated,

Thanks

--

SJunejo

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SEPport
Contributor
Contributor

Hello SJunejo,

I'm having exactly the same problem since I installed VMware Player 3.1.2 yesterday on Windows 7 - 64-bit. In my case the guest OS is Kubuntu 10.4.

I didn't have this issue with the previous version of VMware player.

Did you get any feedback from other VMware users, or were you able to solve the problem yourself? If so, please post the solution.

Kind regards,

Steven

0 Kudos
tjc6
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure if this is the same cause, but that happened to me until I logged into the guest operating system and changed the screen resolution. In Ubuntu 10.4 you would go to System > Preferences > Monitors and change the resolution. I would aslo make sure that vmtools is installed on your guest OS. I rememember hearing that it can affect the auto resize if you minimize and maximize the vmplayer window.

0 Kudos
mdob
Contributor
Contributor

Changing screen resoltuion manually helped and now whenever I go to full screen or return and change vmware player windows size the resolution changes itself.

0 Kudos
sjunejo
Contributor
Contributor

I am out of the office and returning on Wednesday 31st August, 2011. Please direct any queries regarding Connectivity to SOAFramework-TECHNOLOGY@temenos.com.

Regards

--

Sheeraz Junejo

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. Any use or disclosure of the contents

of this e-mail/attachments by a not intended recipient is unauthorized and may be unlawful.

If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and

do not necessarily represent those of TEMENOS.

We recommend that you check this e-mail and any attachments against viruses.

TEMENOS accepts no liability for any damage caused by any malicious code or virus transmitted by this e-mail.

0 Kudos