VMware Communities
BEHTERA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMWARE PLAYER UPDATE ISSUE

HI. I am using VMware workstation Player V15.5.1 (free version) on a Dell laptop, 64 bit, Windows 10 Pro, all updates applied. I very recently did a search for any pending updates and found V15.5.7. I clicked on GET UPDATE which connected me to a VMware server and the update downloaded, verified and supposedly the extraction took place, at least that is what is showed. I received a popup screen which began to show the update was pending. I also got a popup wizard window which indicated I could either click NEXT to continue or Cancel. When I clicked on NEXT I received a small popup setup window which indicated I could stop the following processes to let the install continue.. I clicked on OK and the window simply disappeared. I was left with the wizard window and the window showing updates pending.... I waited approx. 10 min. and nothing changed. I then cancelled the update, closed VMWare player, rebooted my laptop and tried again... same issue. I tried to capture the windows during this update process and attached a PDF.

So, I require assistance with this issue. I don't know if there is any log which may indicate what the issue is or anywhere else I can search / view. I also don't know if this is a known issue..... a lot  of 'I don't knows' . I do know that it is always a good business practice to stay uptodate with software and for that reason I really want to resolve this issue...many thanks  Brian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BEHTERA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Andre... thanks for your reply...No, I did not shut down the VMware Player in order for the update to proceed.  I did so and the update to V15.5.7 installed correctly.  Thanks again for your advice....  Brian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

>>> I clicked on OK and the window simply disappeared.
Did you close VMware Player as requested by the dialog? In your screenshot the VMware Player windows is still open.

André

0 Kudos
BEHTERA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Andre... thanks for your reply...No, I did not shut down the VMware Player in order for the update to proceed.  I did so and the update to V15.5.7 installed correctly.  Thanks again for your advice....  Brian

0 Kudos