VMware Communities
EvgeniyS
Contributor
Contributor

VMPlayer 3 - install VMWare Tools offline

I have downloaded the VMPlayer on one computer and installed it on another. How can I install VMWare tools on the latter if it does not have any Internet connection? Is it a way to download VMWare tools separately and copy to the other computer?

Thanks in advance.

Host OS: OpenSuse

Guest OS: Windows 7 Ultimate

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

As long as you have VMware Workstation, Server or ESX you can grab the corresponding .iso file and mount it as a CD in the guest.

You also can take another guest where the VMWare Tools CD can be mounted, copy all files to a directory and browe to that directory (via a network share for example).

AWo

VCP 3 & 4

Author @ vmwire.net

\[:o]===\[o:]

=Would you like to have this posting as a ringtone on your cell phone?=

=Send "Posting" to 911 for only $999999,99!=

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
EvgeniyS
Contributor
Contributor

First is not the case because I have only free player, but the latter can help because I have the same configuration (susevmplayerwin7) on the other computer connected to the Net so I can try to obtain the tools from here. Thank you very much. The solution is simple, but I miss it as usual Smiley Happy

But the general problem is still not solved. Is there a way to obtain vmtools from vmware directly, not from vmplayer?

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

But the general problem is still not solved. Is there a way to obtain vmtools from vmware directly, not from vmplayer?

You mean the other way around as yout host has no Internet connection...!?

AWo

VCP 3 & 4

Author @ vmwire.net

\[:o]===\[o:]

=Would you like to have this posting as a ringtone on your cell phone?=

=Send "Posting" to 911 for only $999999,99!=

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
grnl
Contributor
Contributor

I have much the same issue. I have extracted the windows tools iso from the VMware Workstation on another machine. Cut a CD and placed the CD in the machine I want the TOOLs instaled. Opened the guest (windows 98SE) and can list the files on the CD fine. When I try to run setup from the CD get a "runtime error" followed by an illegal operation message.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

you need the winpre2k.iso for Win98

VMX-parameters- Workstation FAQ -[ MOA-liveCD|http://sanbarrow.com/moa241.html] - VM-Sickbay

0 Kudos