VMware Communities
ViBer
Contributor
Contributor

VM not booting properly after crash

So I was working with gns3 and the vm when it crashed. The next time I tried to run it I had a message pop-up about the VT-x saying it wasn't supported (img 1), and then, that the HV module couldn't boot up. The strange thing is that I didn't touch the hypervisor previously and it worked fine but now it only opens the VM when I uncheck the VT-x option on settings.

Another thing I noticed is that all the configurations I had in my routers and switches are gone. How can I get them back? I have a class project to deliver..

Hope someone can enlighten me on what's wrong.

ViBer_0-1611849738927.png

img 1

ViBer_2-1611849781815.png

img 2

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ender_
Expert
Expert

The virtualized VT-x/EPT and HV not supporting nested virt messages mean that Hyper-V got enabled on your host (which is why the VM works when you uncheck VT-x support). You can follow the steps in KB2146361 to disable Hyper-V if you need nested virt.

As for how to get your network config back, you will probably have to recreate it.

0 Kudos
ViBer
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure if I need nested VM's. In the beginning I just downloaded the gns3 VM and attached it to gns3 and when it was started it automatically booted the VM without any problem. I never touched the Hypervisor feature. I already tried to turn it off but I got the same error message. 

About my work, it's gone then.. My topology is still all there but all my iou's are "clean"

0 Kudos