VMware Communities
samu007
Contributor
Contributor

VM machine getting suddenly poweroff win 2003

Hi All,

I am facing a strange problem with my VM 2003 standard 32 bit server, I am using VM player 3.1.3.

After server powered on when i try to logon onto the machine it suddenly getting powered off. If i do not log into that VM then it is running perfectly.

I have also attached the logs.

Please help,

If any body require any further details please let me know.

Regards,

Samy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
samu007
Contributor
Contributor

Kindly Suggest frnds...i need help this is urgent

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I do not see this as or believe it is a VMware Player issue per se and as such you should troubleshoot this issue just as if your were running a Physical Machine.

Start by booting to Safe Mode and if you can login to the Desktop without it automatically shutting down then use MSCONFIG to try and isolate what might be causing the issue.

0 Kudos
samu007
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I did all the troubleshooting, i m not able to logon in any mode when ever i try. It goes powerd off.

I got the actual problem but not solution yet. the problem is strange.

A user sets environment variable path for java and then go to command prompt as soon as He type javac on command prompt the VM goes Powerd off.

After that no one can logon on that machine. I have tried by creating 2-3 users but this problem not solved.

I m looking for some solution.Is enviroment variable is the actual reason or some thing else.

Thanks,

Samy

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

What version of Java is installed and what are the exact, explicit and specific steps to recreate this issue?

0 Kudos
YLeduc1234
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

being a server, have you tried to remotely access the server as opposed to login in locally. Is this a new server?

I could see malware doing something like this. I also found the following link at MS. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818197 which may also explain a similar pattern.

Regards.

0 Kudos