VMware Communities
lrg51
Contributor
Contributor

VM Player in Vista - Having trouble runnign selection from desktop

Hello... I'm a newbie with VM PLayer. Just received a program that requires VM Player to run. Downloaded the latest version of VM Player.. had trouble the first time... completely removedVM Player, reinstalled and tried it again... then repeated the procedure. I don't know if this is a Vita/VM Player compatibility issue or other issue.

Here's the deal... when I click on a program icon to run... the icon does not appear to be selected. I get nothing... ho hour glass... nothing. What could I be doing wrong? Is this a compatibility issue?

Appreciate your help...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lrg51
Contributor
Contributor

Here's an update to my question. My employer provided me with a DVD that has an older version of VM Ware Player 2.03. I installed this player on my PC with VISTA. Could not get it to work. Then I tried an upgrade to latest version. Still to luck. So no I am stuck. When I click on the program icon to run it on the VM Player desktop... no response. Seems strange... but the same result even after I uninstall, reinstall, etc several times.

Appreciate your advice...

0 Kudos
jokke
Expert
Expert

Did you install with administrator rights?

Uninstall player and reboot. Then right click the installer and run as administrator.

Joakim

0 Kudos