VMware Communities
cnhi
Contributor
Contributor

VLANs on VMware Workstation 14 Player Free

Is possible to configure different separate VLAN - VLAN100 for host Windows Server 2012 R2 and VLAN150 for guest Windows Server 2012 R2 on VMware Player Free ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't think you can do that in Workstation Player, other than directly in the Windows OSes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As a moderator, I've also moved this thread to the Workstation Player area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You need workstation pro to do separate networks, and they are really vlans, more like separate virtualised networks. With those you can use vlans , but you can't pass vlans from outside of the host pc into the guest vms.

0 Kudos
cnhi
Contributor
Contributor

On VMware Workstation Player Free I use bridge network setting for my VM but guest OS get IP address from DHCP vmware (like NAT setting) = 192.168.200.XXX

Bridge setting = NAT setting

Normally bridge setting should get for guest OS the same class address network with host.

0 Kudos