VMware Communities
bearymore
Contributor
Contributor

Upgraded video to HD5450 and Linux Radeon driver -- no 3d video

I upgraded my video from the ATI radeon HD4250 with the Catalyst driver to an ATI HD5450 card on my Opensuse 12.3 box. Previously, I was using the proprietary ATI Catylst driver, but switched to the open source radeon driver because it is faster. It has full 3d support as verified from glxinfo and glxgears. I have 3d acceleration checked for my virtual machine. However, when I boot the VM, I get the message that no 3d support is available and that hardware graphics acceleration is unavailable. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ultraplex
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same error message here 😞

Unfortunately at the moment installing the catalyst driver is no solution. Sebastian Siebert - who works on the installation scripts for the catalyst driver in openSuSE - stated that the legacy driver does only work with X-server up to 1.12.x and openSuSE 12.3 is using 1.13.1. So at the moment the catalyst driver will not work with an openSuSE standard installation.

(German website: http://www.sebastian-siebert.de/2013/01/25/opensuse-amd-catalyst-13-1-legacy-treiber-als-rpm-install... )

Looks like we have to wait for some updates...

0 Kudos