VMware Communities
YvesArch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Uninstall Player (workstation)

Hi, Last week, I have install 'VMware-player-12.5.7-5813279.exe' on my laptop running Windows 10.

Today, I have try to uninstall VMWare Player via the standard way, Windows Application window.

VMWare player is listed but but the 2 buttons, Modify and Uninstall are greyed, so no way to click on it.

What is the rigth way to uninstall VMWare Player ?

Thanks, Yves.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There's a KB article for how to manually remove the application (Cleaning up after an incomplete uninstallation on a Windows host (1308) | VMware KB )

Remember that the uninstall procedure is not supposed to delete any VMs which you may have created. In order to free up disk space used by VMs that you don't need anymore, you'll have to delete them manually.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

I didn't uninstall Player myself so far, but it should work by running the installation package with the /clean switch.

VMware-player-12.5.7-5813279.exe /clean

Make sure that you start this from en elevated command line (open cmd.exe "As Administrator")

André

0 Kudos
YvesArch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks André, I try it in Admin mode but it did not uninstall VMWare Player.

It remove the entry from Windows Add Remove programs, that is all I have seem.

Is there another way to do it ?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There's a KB article for how to manually remove the application (Cleaning up after an incomplete uninstallation on a Windows host (1308) | VMware KB )

Remember that the uninstall procedure is not supposed to delete any VMs which you may have created. In order to free up disk space used by VMs that you don't need anymore, you'll have to delete them manually.

André

0 Kudos
YvesArch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, ok I have manually do the job. It works but what a pain.

Thanks anyway.

Yves

0 Kudos