VMware Communities
Visitingonly1
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to see pop ups/notifications on browsers

Hiya, I am not sure if this is the correct place, but I recently installed Windows 10 on Workstation Player 16, but as you can see from the following picture, everything that requires a permission? notification or a pop up? Not sure what the best word is for them, it's completely invisible on all browsers, Edge, Opera/Opera GX/Chrome and Firefox, I swapped to VirtualBox and I had no issues at all, so any help is appreciated or a push in the right direction to go with this? Thank you

2.png

1.png

3 Replies
ender_
Expert
Expert

This problem's been around for a while now. Workaround is to disable 3D acceleration.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Ender is right, disabling 3D acceleration is the workaround.

There's two ways for that.. disable it for the whole VM or.. the IMO better alternative is to disable the setting in your browser(s) to not use GPU hardware acceleration.

eg:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-hardware-acceleration-firefox-chrome

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
FsnetUK
Contributor
Contributor

Can't believe this issue still persist!

I am just wondering what is the paneity for not using 3D acceleration in Chrome under VM?  My first concern would be video playback performance. Anything else that I should watch out for?

Thx!

0 Kudos