VMware Communities
landolini
Contributor
Contributor

Ubuntu 12.04 guest installation

Under Host  Ubuntu 12.10 , VMware-Player-5.0.1 , I try an U 12.04 guest installation .

At the beginning I get message Ubu_guest1 but the installation proceeds ...and  ends

with message Ubu_guest2 ...

My question : is U 12.04 not supported as guest  or  have I done something wrong ?

Thank a lot .

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Make sure the ISO Image you're installing from is not corrupt, validate it against its published MD5/SHA1 checksum.  Don't use the Easy Install feature! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
landolini
Contributor
Contributor

The cd and its content are fine . I  have  installed U12 also in a fisical partition ..

What is the easy install feature ?

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Ubuntu 12.04 has a bug - not all sources you have in /etc/apt/sources.list come with valid certificates.

I do not remember the fix correctly - it was something like installing a Ubuntu-gnome-keyring package or something like that.
Search the Ubuntu forums.

The other message about missing SMbus can be ignored - I get this in all my 12.04 VMs

edit. the certificate error may also be about a failed vmware-tools update.
This would only appear during first install if you used the easy install feature.

I would suggest to do a regular install - select "I will install later" when creating the VM

0 Kudos
landolini
Contributor
Contributor

Ulli Hankeln ha scritto:

I would suggest to do a regular install - select "I will install later" when creating the VM

OK . in this way the installation works fine.

But now when I try vmware-tools  install I get the same error .

How can I run this job?

Thank a lot.

0 Kudos