VMware Communities
bobbyl140
Contributor
Contributor

USB webcam not working in macOS guest

I have a Logitech USB webcam, and I'm trying to get it to work on a macOS Big Sur guest. It connects successfully to the VM, and when I open an app that  us the camera the light on the camera turns on, but the app on the guest says there is no video coming from the camera. Is there any fi for this? I have tried a different webcam to no success, and i have tried rebooting several times. Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You are only legally permitted to virtualize macOS on official Apple hardware via either VMware Fusion or VMware ESXi. By installing it outside of these confines, you are in violation of the EULAs of both VMware and Apple. As a result, we cannot and will not help you here.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: MacOS on non-Apple hardware cannot be discussed on VMTN.

Thread locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

locked test (looks like this is not a feature anymore)

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos