VMware Communities
Dreossk
Contributor
Contributor

Shared folder with OpenSUSE

Hello,

I have OpenSUSE 13.2 installed on my VMware Workstation 12 Player on my Windows 7 host computer. In the options I enabled the sharded folders option and chose a folder from my computer. Now I'm trying to see that folder on the OpenSUSE and I've been trying that for about 3 hours. I read that it should be in /mnt/hgfs but there is nothing in /mnt. I've read that I should try with vmware-tools instead of the default open-vm-tools that comes with the OS (???) but other people say no and anyways when I try to install it I get blocked by some other missing things that are missing other things and it never stops. I just want to have access to a file from my host. Why is everything so complicated? Why does every website contradicts the previous one? Why isn't any of the information clear and always missing parts like when it asks to check if I have X installed (how do I check?? how do I install it?? they say a command but I get command not found!!). Do people have to go through all this everytime they try to get something done on Linux? How can anyone enjoy this? How can I use the damn shared folders??

0 Kudos
0 Replies